Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The House on Malcolm Street by Leisha Kelly & My Review

Publisher's Description
It is the autumn of 1920 and Leah Breckenridge is desperate to find a way to provide for her young daughter. After losing her husband and infant son in an accident, she is angry at God and fearful about the future. Finding refuge in a boardinghouse run by her late husband's aunt, Leah's heart begins the slow process of mending. Is it the people who surround her - or perhaps this very house - that reach into her heart with healing?


**Available 2010 at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group**



Leisha Kelly is the author of several bestselling historical fiction books, including Emma's Gift, Julia's Hope, and Katie's Dream. She has served many years on her local library board, continuing to bring good reads and educational opportunities to her community. Once a waitress, cafe manager, tutor, and EMT, Leisha is now a busy novelist and speaker who is active in the ministries of her church. She lives with her family in Illinois.


My Review:
I really enjoyed this book. The one thing that annoyed me was Leah being so unsociable and (at times) rude, but at the same time I can sort of sympathize with how hard it would have been to have lost your husband and son, and then to have lost your home. Her daughter was absolutely precious! It is amazing how a child's faith can be so much stronger than an adult's faith. I loved seeing Leah grow and start to mend. Aunt Marigold was a sweetheart, and she was an encouragement even when she meddled.
I've read Leisha Kelly's Wortham Family series and loved them, and I'm hoping that she'll bring out a sequel to this book!

2 comments:

tracysbooknook.com said...

Oops!

When I said a “more in-depth review” I meant more in-depth compared to the short comment I had made.

Sorry if that was unclear.

-Tracy

Sophie Grace said...

The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas. PLease check out site webstagram to see a lots blogs on instagram.